Can the Minnesota State Mankato Library get me access to other libraries like the University of Minnesota or Gustavus Adolphus College?

The FAQ describes how to get privileges at other libraries like the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (aka: U of M, or UMN) or Gustavus Adolphus College (aka GAC).


This answer depends on the other library you plan to visit. Many academic libraries allow you to checkout books after you apply with some form of identifcation. To use their online resources, you will likely need to use specific computers at a campus library. For the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, start by visiting their Special Borrowing Privileges page. Gustavus Adolphus College has more information on their FAQ page. If you need a referral from us, visit our front Circulation Desk, email, or call 1-507-389-5931.  Library staff will complete a form with your information.

Use our Ask a Librarian service if you need help finding information for other libraries. 

Note: We can borrow library items for you! Use the links below to learn how we can get books, articles, and more from other libraries at no additional fee for you.

  • Last Updated May 09, 2024
  • Views 4
  • Answered By Justine Martin

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0